Tuesday 15 May 2007

Wake up in the morning, gotta shake the feeling

"Wake up in the morning, got to shake the feeling. I've gotta face a day at school. What's to be afraid of I can ask a question, and maybe even bend the rules.

I'm seaching for a place where I fit in, there's a way, if I look that I can win. Yeah I can see I'm not alone. I can face the unknown."

I make sure that I leave the office no later than 5:30pm these days because DEGRASSI HIGH IS ON ABC2 EVERY WEEK NIGHT!!!

Gosh, this was seriously the best TV show during my youth (along with Monkey Magic). It was an incredibly progressive show portraying teenagers in a realistic light; kids of various ethnic and economic backgrounds in an inner-city neighbourhood as they navigate gritty serious issues like drug abuse, pregnancy, cancer, homosexuality, suicide and also mundane issues like the opposite sex and popularity. It was sensitive, funny, intelligent and just plain real (aided by the fact that most of the cast were non-actors and that, they were the actual age their characters were unlike say 90210). It showed that school is the best of times and it is the worst of times.

I used to read the Degrassi books as well. I LOVE DEGRASSI!!!

No comments: